Tuesday 3 January 2017

Lionel Richie Endless Love Piano Cover By Me

Endless Love Piano Cover Performed by The Piano Man  

About This Performance
Thanks for being here. Without you, I would not be doing this.
I understand this is not the best and I would explain why and how I choose to play Lionel Richie Endless Love as my first performance on stage(in my studio at homeπŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€)
Almost every day, I play one cover song and record on video, so in the actual sense, this is not the first cover song I have ever played. For instance, I have played John Pachelbel's Canon in D and recorded the audio, I have also played Everyday I Love You by Boyzone and others. At a later time I would upload better quality recording on this songs.

About The Keyboard I Use
Currently, I use a keyboard that is not professional, that is Yamaha PSR E433 keyboard. The number of keys is 61. There a number of issues with this keyboard that would impact the quality of performance. For example, the keys are not weighted. This means that the sound produced by the keys does not depend on how hard you press. So you can't produce soft background sounds along with the main melody of the song. For weighted keys, when you can produce soft sounds by not pressing the key too hard and this helps improve the ambience of the sound you play.
Another problem with this keyboard is the number of keys and number of octaves.  Professional keyboards have 88-keys. That gives you over 7 octaves and the is an advantage over 61 keys that produce that gives only 5 octaves.
Finally we have the sound quality. The sound quality of this keyboard is not superb. It is somehow on the average and therefore suitable for learners and a amarteurs.

The Genre of Songs I Play
If you want to progress in your piano career, you need to give attention to the genre of songs you play. Note that as a pianist, some song genre and musical styles are completely out of the way. An example would be reggae. It would be difficult and uninteresting to perform reggae on the piano keyboard. Some songs like country songs are better on guitar and rock is better with a collection of musical instruments. 
So to play improve in the piano keyboard, one should be a lover of blues, R&B, Soul, Soft Pop and the likes. Then we also have classicals. What this means is that you need to develop interest in this genre of songs, you need to play them, listen to them everyday. In this way your ear would register them and you would be able to find the right keys on the keyboard. Secondly, they have a steady pace that allows a beginner to intermediate to understand and follow without too much effort. They also have a distinct chord pattern almost throughout the play.
Example of blues artist includes Daniel Beninfield, Westlife, Boyzone, Micheal Learns to Rock etc. For female we have likes of Shania Twain and Madonna.

How You Can Help Me Improve
I would like you to know that I do this for you. So if you don't listen and follow my explanations, then I would not be doing this. 
One way you can help me improve is by  promoting my articles like this one and my videos. If you make a positive comment, like and share my articles/blogs then they would have a wider reach and I could get a found someone who may provide  more support. You can also subscribe to my YouTube Channel: The Piano Man on Youtube.
Finally I would like to have your personal suggestions on what you would like me to improve on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Play By Ear - Introduction to Playing by Ear

I will show you how to play by ear. This means that you could listen to a song and then play it on the keyboard without having to read the...